Glazed Spiced Pumpkin Bars
These Glazed Spiced Pumpkin Bars have the perfect combination of sweet and spicy. They freeze well and can be quickly warmed in the microwave.
- 2 cups Fiber One® original bran cereal
- 1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 to 6 teaspoons orange juice
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 120mins
Adapted from pillsbury.com
Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 15x10x1-inch pan with cooking spray, or grease and flour pan.
Place cereal in resealable food-storage plastic bag; seal bag and crush with rolling pin or meat mallet (or crush in food processor).
In large bowl, beat oil, 1/2 cup orange juice, the pumpkin and eggs with electric mixer on low speed until well blended. Stir in crushed cereal; let stand 10 minutes.
Beat in remaining bar ingredients except walnuts on low speed until well blended. Stir in walnuts. Spread evenly in pan.
Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until top springs back when touched lightly in center. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
In small bowl, mix powdered sugar and enough of the 4 to 6 teaspoons orange juice for desired drizzling consistency. Drizzle over bars. For bars, cut into 8 rows by 4 rows.
You can store bars for up to two months in your freezer. Layer bars with waxed paper and tightly cover in freezer containers.
You'll also love
- Roasted Carrots 4.5/5 (25 Votes)
- Crock Pot Apple Pie Coffee Cake 4.5/5 (25 Votes)
- LINGUINE WITH FRESH TOMATO AND... 4.5/5 (25 Votes)
- Muddled Screwdrivers 4.5/5 (25 Votes)
- Paleo Blackberry Cobbler 4/5 (70 Votes)
- Mountain Dew Ice Cream 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Hot Chocolate Poke Cake 4.3/5 (33 Votes)
- Blueberry Lemon Cake 4.6/5 (17 Votes)