One simple step will take your screwdrivers to the next level. Muddled oranges up the orangeyness and give more of a natural flavor to your brunch cocktail.
Rate this recipe 4.5/5 (25 Votes)
- 2 oranges, washed and cut into 1/4-inch thick rounds
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Pinch kosher salt
- 16 ounces chilled vodka
- 5 cups chilled orange juice
- 1 cup crushed ice
Adapted from blog.cookingchanneltv.com
Put the orange slices into a durable bowl and add the lemon juice and the pinch of salt. Use a wooden spoon to “bruise” the orange slices so that the oil in the peels emerges and the pulp from the orange mixes with the lemon juice. Add the vodka and continue to stir. Add the orange juice and combine well.
Divide the ice among 8 glasses and pour in the drink mixture. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Paleo Blackberry Cobbler 3.9/5 (73 Votes)
- Kelly's Baked Beans with Bacon &... 4.1/5 (52 Votes)
- Fruit & Veggie Smoothies 4.2/5 (40 Votes)
- Classic Margaritas 4.4/5 (15 Votes)
Review this recipe