Pumpkin Bread with Pumpkin Butter Cream
This delicious Pumpkin Bread topped with nuts is taken over the top with a spicy Pumpkin Butter Cream. Yum!
- PUMPKIN BUTTER CREAM FROSTING:
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed (You can substitute light brown sugar)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons orange zest, freshly grated
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, freshly grated
- 1 1/4 cups canned pure pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans or walnuts, chopped, optional
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons canned pure pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons half & half or milk
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped, optional, for sprinkling on top
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 85mins
Adapted from facebook.com
Position your oven rack in the middle of the oven, and preheat oven to 325°F. Grease and flour a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan; set aside.
Combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and allspice in a medium bowl and whisk until thoroughly combined; set aside.
In another bowl, or bowl of an electric mixer, beat eggs on medium-high speed for two minutes or until lightened in color. Add the brown sugar, mixing for about 2 minutes, then the granulated sugar, mixing for about 1 minute. Add the orange and lemon zests, if using, and beat for another minute. Scrape down the bowl as needed.
Drizzle in the canola oil with beater on medium-low. Reduce speed to low and add the pumpkin puree. Mix until thoroughly combined. Add the dry ingredients in two additions and blend for 10 to 15 seconds just until incorporated. Fold in the pecans using a rubber spatula.
Spoon the batter into your prepared loaf pan and bake for 60 to 65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool loaf in pan for 10 to 15 minutes, then remove and cool completely on a wire rack.
If you’re going to frost the loaf, you can make the frosting while the loaf is cooling.
PUMPKIN BUTTER CREAM FROSTING:
Cream the butter, pumpkin puree, cinnamon, and vanilla, blending well. Add powdered sugar a cup at a time, blending well after each addition. Add half & half or milk and blend well.
This makes a very thick butter cream frosting. If you want a thinner, creamier frosting, add more half & half or milk until you get the desired consistency.
After frosting the cooled pumpkin loaf, sprinkle with chopped pecans or walnuts if desired.
You'll also love
- Cherry-Chocolate Crème Brûlée 4.6/5 (49 Votes)
- Frozen Vodka Lemonade Cocktail 4.3/5 (62 Votes)
- Classic Pecan Pie 4.6/5 (46 Votes)
- Au Gratin Potatoes - Weight... 4.5/5 (47 Votes)
- Lemon-Shrimp Pasta 4.4/5 (59 Votes)
- Paleo Pumpkin Pecan Pie 4.4/5 (59 Votes)
- Christmas Tree Appetizers 4.5/5 (54 Votes)
- Zucchini Chips 4.1/5 (86 Votes)