Lemon Blueberry Drizzle Bread
This breakfast bread has a triple dose of lemon flavor: zest in the batter, syrup that you brush on while the bread is still warm, and a sweet lemon glaze drizzled over the top. Enjoy a slice with a steaming cup of tea any time of day.
- 1 1/2 cups plus 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, finely grated
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 3 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 80mins
Adapted from blog.williams-sonoma.com
Position a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 350° F (180° C). Butter and flour a 9-by-5-inch (23-by-13-cm.) loaf pan.
In a bowl, sift together the 1 1/2 cups flour, baking powder and salt. In the bowl of a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter, granulated sugar and lemon zest on medium-high speed until lightened. Add the eggs one at a time, beating until each is incorporated. Add the milk and vanilla and stir until blended. Add the dry ingredients and stir just until blended. In a small bowl, toss the blueberries with the 1 teaspoon flour. Gently stir into the batter.
Scrape the batter into the prepared pan. Bake until lightly browned and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 50 minutes. Transfer the bread to a wire rack set over a rimmed baking sheet and let cool in the pan for a few minutes, then turn out onto the rack.
While the bread is baking, make the syrup: In a small saucepan, boil the lemon juice and granulated sugar over medium heat until syrupy, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat. Using a wooden skewer, pierce the sides and bottom of the bread all over. Brush the bread generously with the syrup.
To make the glaze, in a small bowl, stir together the confectioners’ sugar and lemon juice. When the bread is completely cool, drizzle the glaze over the top.
You'll also love
- Pumpkin Crunch Cake 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- Lemon-Almond Biscotti 4.3/5 (27 Votes)
- Grilled Salmon with Avocado Salsa 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- Mint Candy Filled Cookies 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- Sausage, Kale & Lentil Soup 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- EASY STRAWBERRY PIE WITH JELLO 4.5/5 (25 Votes)
- Pecan Caramel Ice Cream 4.4/5 (26 Votes)
- Blueberry Crumb Muffins 4.5/5 (25 Votes)