white chocolate lemon brownies
- 6 tbsp. butter
- 11/2 (4-oz.) bars high-quality white chocolate, cut into '/2-inch squares (1 1/2 cups), divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup flour
- White Chocolate Icing:
- 1/2 (4-oz.) bar high-quality white chocolate
- 2 tsp. milk
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Coat an 8x8-inch baking pan
with nonstick cooking spray. In a medium microwave-
safe bowl combine butter and 1 cup of the white
chocolate squares. Microwave on 50% power 1 minute
or until butter is nearly melted; stir until smooth.
2. In a mixing bowl and using an electric hand-mixer,
beat sugar and eggs on medium speed until creamy.
Beat in lemon juice, zest and salt until mixed. Add flour;
beat just until combined. Stir in remaining 1/2 cup white
chocolate squares. Pour into pan.
3. Bake 22 to 25 minutes or until a wooden toothpick
inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove pan
from oven and let cool on a wire rack.
4. For the icing: Meanwhile, break the 1/2 white chocolate
bar into a small microwave-safe bowl; add milk.
Microwave on HIGH 15 seconds or just until chocolate
can be stirred smooth. Drizzle over brownies. Let cool
completely. Slice into 16 squares, and serve.
Makes 16 brownies