Famous Homemade Cheese Straws
Vary tasty and simple to make! Shredded cheese and seasonings are sandwiched between sheets of puff pastry, cut into strips and baked to a golden crisp.
- 1 package frozen puff pastry sheets
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg white, slightly beaten
- 1 package cheddar cheese, shredded
Thaw puff pastry as label directs.
Meanwhile in a small bowl, mix paprika, thyme,pepper, and salt.
Grease 2 large cookie sheets. unfold 1 sheet puff pastry onto lightly floured surface. With floured rolling pin, roll pastry 14x14-inch square. Lightly brush pastry with beaten egg white. Sprinkle 1/2 of paprika mix and 1/2 shredded cheese on pastry. Fold pastry over to cover cheese, forming rectangle about 14 inches by 7 inches. With rolling pin, lightly roll over pastry to seal layers. With pizza wheel or knife cut into 1/2 inch wide strips.
Preheat oven to 375°F. Place strips 1/2 inch apart. Twist each strip to prevent strips from uncurling.
Bake 20 to 22 minutes until golden. Remove carefully with spatula.
You'll also love
- Scalloped Corn & Broccoli 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Christmas Tree Surprise Cake 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Triple Berry Cheesecake Cobbler 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- The Ultimate Crab Dip 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Paleo Spinach & Artichoke Dip 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Pulled Pork Nachos 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Shiitake & Roasted Red Pepper Puff... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Baked Brie with Raspberry Jam,... 4.7/5 (7 Votes)