Baked Buffalo Chicken Mac & Cheese
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- kosher salt, to taste
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 3 cups rotisserie chicken or pre-cooked grilled chicken, shredded
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup Texas Pete or your favorite hot suace, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 3 cups extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup Blue cheese or Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons Frank's Hot sauce or your favorite hot sauce (to sprinkle on top)
Preparation time 20mins
Adapted from recipelion.com
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil; add the 3/4 of the box of pasta (i found the entire box was a bit much for a 13x9 inch pan) cook until al dente, about 7 minutes. Drain.
Meanwhile, melt 3 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in the chicken and garlic and cook 2 minutes, then add 1/2 cup hot sauce and simmer until slightly thickened, about 1 more minute.
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the flour and mustard until smooth. Whisk in the half-and-half, then add the remaining 1/4 cup hot sauce and stir until thick, about 2 minutes.
Whisk in the cheese, then whisk in the sour cream until smooth.
Mix together chicken, pasta and cheese sauce. Pour into lightly greased 9x13 pan. Sprinkle blue cheese or gorgonzola over the macaroni.
Bake until bubbly, 30 to 40 minutes. Let rest 10 minutes before serving. Drizzle with some Red Hot on the top for color.
You'll also love
- Brined Chicken Breast with... 4.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Chicken A L’Orange 4.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Chicken and Shrimp Penne 4.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Spinach Dip Stuffed Chicken Breast 4.6/5 (26 Votes)
- Penne with Chicken and Sun-Dried... 4.4/5 (27 Votes)
- KOREAN FRIED CHICKEN WINGS WITH... 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Buffalo Chicken Empanadas 4.5/5 (34 Votes)
- The Best Easy Chicken Enchiladas 4.8/5 (9 Votes)