Chicken A L’Orange
- 8 shallots, peeled and quartered lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt
- 1 whole (3- to 3 1/2-pound) chicken
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
Heat oven to 425F. In a large shallow roasting pan, toss the shallots with 1 tablespoon oil and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
Cut the chicken into 10 pieces (2 drumsticks, 2 thighs, 2 wings, 2 breastsâ€”each halved). In a large bowl, whisk together the marmalade, vinegar, rosemary, remaining tablespoon oil and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Add the chicken; toss to coat.
Place the chicken mixture in the roasting pan, nestling the pieces among the shallots. Bake until chicken is cooked through and browned and shallots are tender, 25 to 30 minutes. Serve with green beans, a fresh green salad and crusty bread.
You'll also love
- Chicken and Shrimp Penne 4.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Slop 4/5 (98 Votes)
- Spinach Dip Stuffed Chicken Breast 4.6/5 (26 Votes)
- Low-Sugar Orange Chicken 4.7/5 (23 Votes)
- Halloween Orange Sherbet Punch 4.2/5 (45 Votes)
- Citrus Chicken Thighs with Mustard... 4.8/5 (9 Votes)
- Super Easy Roasted Chicken and... 4.7/5 (14 Votes)