Penne with Chicken and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Published: May 12, 2013
- 6 tablespoons butter, plus more for baking dishes
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 pound penne rigate
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (8 ounces each), halved horizontally
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups whole milk
- 10 ounces white mushrooms, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups shredded provolone (6 ounces)
- 1 cup finely grated Parmesan (4 ounces
Adapted from keyingredient.com
Preheat oven to 400. Butter two shallow 2-quart baking dishes. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta 3 minutes short of al dente; drain pasta, and return to pot.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Season chicken with salt and pepper; cook until opaque throughout, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Halve each piece lengthwise, then thinly slice crosswise.
In a 5-quart Dutch oven or heavy pot, melt butter over medium. Add flour and garlic; cook, whisking, 1 minute. While whisking, gradually add milk; bring to a simmer, whisking frequently. Add mushrooms and tomatoes; cook 1 minute. Off heat, gradually stir in provolone and 1/2 cup Parmesan.
Add chicken and pasta to pot; season with salt and pepper. Divide pasta mixture between baking dishes; sprinkle each with cup Parmesan.
Bake, uncovered, until top is golden and bubbling, about 25 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
You'll also love
- Double-Crust Chicken Pot Pies 4.8/5 (12 Votes)
- KOREAN FRIED CHICKEN WINGS WITH... 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Skillet Chicken & Mushrooms - Low... 4.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Easy Cheesy Salsa Chicken Pasta 4.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Baked Macaroni & Cheese Balls 4.2/5 (73 Votes)
- Buffalo Chicken Lasagna Roll Ups 4.6/5 (25 Votes)
- Chicken Mozzarella Pasta with... 4.5/5 (29 Votes)
- Chicken with Sun Dried Tomato... 4.6/5 (12 Votes)