Brined Chicken Breast with Sautéed Onion Dipping Sauce
- For the Dipping Sauce:
- 1 sweet onion – sliced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- For the Chicken Breast:
- 2-3 lbs. boneless chicken breast
- For the Brine:
- 5 cups water
- 1/4 cup salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbs. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 3 tbs. vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. cloves
- Juice of 1 lime
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from livingthegourmet.blogspot.com
For the Dipping Sauce:
Sauté the onion in a tablespoon of olive oil until transparent. Let the onion cool.
Place the onion in a food processor and add the rest of the ingredients. Give a few good chops until the desired consistency is reached. Place in a container and refrigerate.
For the Chicken Breast:
Combine all of the above in a pot; add the chicken and cover in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight.
Remove from the brine and cut the chicken into desired sized pieces.
Heat a 10 inch frying pan with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
If the chicken is cut into ¼ to ½ inch thickness it should take about 6 to 10 minutes over medium heat; turning the chicken pieces occasionally to sauté evenly. Do not overcrowd the pan.
Serve with the onion dipping sauce.
You'll also love
- Apple Soup With Yogurt 4.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Greek Style Orzo Salad 4.5/5 (30 Votes)
- Chicken A L’Orange 4.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Chicken and Shrimp Penne 4.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Gorgonzola Notta Pasta with... 4.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Ramen Cabbage Salad 4.5/5 (30 Votes)
- 7-Up Pork Chops 4.5/5 (30 Votes)
- Bulgogi Wraps - Korean Grilled... 4.8/5 (6 Votes)