Shrimp and Scallop Ceviche with Sweet Potatoes
Not a true ceviche since the shrimp is precooked, but just as delicious! All of the flavors of ceviche with a touch of lime and heat from the pepper, served with sweet potatoes and corn.
- 1/2 pound shrimp, easy peel is fine but leave the shells on while poaching
- 1 lemon, cut into 6 pieces
- 1 pound scallops, muscle removed and sliced horizontally (if you use bay scallops they won't need to be sliced)
- Juice of 12 limes,or about 10 tablespoons of lime juice
- 1 red aji limo, minced (a peruvian red chili either fresh or jarred is fine)
- 2 red onions, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced, optional
- Juice of 1 lime, or 3/4 tablespoon of lime juice
- 2 sweet potatoes, not yams, boiled, peeled and cut into 1" cubes
- 1 fresh ear corn on the cob, cooked and cut into small rounds (DO NOT use frozen, the fresher the better)
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Bring 2 qts of lightly satled water to a boil. Add lemon and shrimp.
Cover, turn off the heat and cook until the shrimp is cooked through, about 3 minutes but it will depend on the size of your shrimp
Drain and put in ice water to cool. Once cool, peel and devine. Refrigerate until ready to use.
To prepare the ceviche
Toss scallops with lime juice and aji limo. Refrigerate until "cooked" (the time will depend on the size of the pieces just be sure it's totally opaque). Remove from the refrigerator and refresh with ice cubes to firm up the scallops. Drain off all the liquids.
Add in red onion, red pepper and lime juice. Garnish with potatoes and corn slices.
You'll also love
- REAL Vegan Carrot Cake 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Spicy Thai Glass Noodle Salad 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Summer Squash Stuffing Casserole 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Fig, Apple & Sage Stuffing 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Ahi Tuna with Balsamic Ginger Slaw 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Fontina Cheese Dip 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Acadiana’s Shrimp and Grits 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Shrimp Mold 3.9/5 (10 Votes)