Ahi Tuna with Balsamic Ginger Slaw
Rate this recipe 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- 2 ahi tuna steaks
- 2 T. butter or coconut oil
- 12 oz pkg broccoli slaw or coleslaw
- 2 avocados, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup marcona almonds
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 T. fresh grated ginger
- Pinch of sea salt and pepper
Mix the slaw, avocado, onions, and almonds in a medium size bowl. Mix balsamic, grated ginger, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Pour over the slaw mix, stir and let marinate.
Salt and pepper the tuna steaks - let sit on counter for about 15 minutes to start to come up to temperature. Heat a large pan on medium high. Make sure it is really hot to sear the tuna and not overcook it. When the pan is hot, add butter and as soon as the butter melts, add tuna steaks. Sear for just 1-2 minutes per side depending on the thickness of the steak. Remove from pan and let sit for a few minutes before cutting. Slice or cut into cubes.
Plate the slaw and add the tuna to the top.
You'll also love
- Ninja Fresh Tomato Salsa 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Artichoke Soup with Fresh Mint 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Acadiana’s Shrimp and Grits 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Seafood Campechana 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Heavenly Halibut 3.8/5 (82 Votes)
- Braised Halibut with Leeks &... 4.2/5 (17 Votes)
- Hearty Tuna Casserole 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
Review this recipe