Spicy Thai Glass Noodle Salad
Modified version of a glass noodle salad as prepared in Chiang Mai, Thailand
Rate this recipe 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- 100 g glass noodles (cut into 6 inch lengths)
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 3 shallots (sliced)
- 10 red chillies (small, thinly sliced)
- 30 g grated carrot
- 3 tbs fish sauce
- 3 tbs lime juice
- 1 tbs palm sugar
- 1 tomato (cut in 1/2 lengthways and then thinly sliced)
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves for garnish
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
Put the glass noodles to soak into some boiling water and leave for about 1 minute and then drain. Transfer the glass noodles into a bowl of cold water and leave for 1 minute.
Strain the glass noodles and put them into a bowl along with the garlic, onion, chillies, carrot, fish sauce, lime juice, sugar and tomato. Mix thoroughly and check the seasoning.
Serve garnished with coriander leaves.
You'll also love
- Summer Squash Stuffing Casserole 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Fat-free Vanilla or Blueberry... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Lime Chili Pasta Twist 4.2/5 (6 Votes)
- Creamy Beef Noodle Bake 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
Review this recipe