Summer Squash Stuffing Casserole
This casserole is a perfect side dish any time of year, but especially for the big Thanksgiving dinner. A squash blend is topped with homemade stuffing and baked for a delicious side.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 diced onion
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 summer squash, thinly sliced into rounds
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced into rounds
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 spoonful mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 60mins
MAKE THE STUFFING:
Melt butter in large pan. Saute onions.
Add bread crumbs, broth, and seasoning.
Set aside and allow broth to soak into the bread crumbs.
MAKE THE FILLING:
Grease a pie pan.
Layer pan with sliced summer squash and zucchini.
Mix together mushroom soup, mayonnaise, curry powder, and lemon juice. Pour mixture over squash.
Top with stuffing.
Bake at 350°F for about 30 minutes until hot and bubbly.
You'll also love
- Fat-free Vanilla or Blueberry... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Orange Peel Pork 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Tomato Chutney 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Maple Cream Fudge 3.9/5 (59 Votes)
- Ninja Fresh Tomato Salsa 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Zucchini & Summer Squash Tuscan... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Fontina Cheese Dip 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Hurricane Punch 4.5/5 (6 Votes)