Mexican Cornbread Casserole
Mexican Cornbread Casserole is the epitome of comfort food. So filling and flavorful, your whole family will love it.
- 2 boxes Jiffy cornbread mix
- 1 can cream style corn
- 2 chopped jalapenos
- 6 ounces Mexican cheese or more
- 1 1/2 pounds hamburger
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 65mins
Adapted from answers.ask.com
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Mix the first cornbread mix according to instructions and add 1/2 can of corn.
Pour in greased 9x13 baking dish.
Sauté hamburger onion tomatoes and garlic. Drain if needed then pour over cornbread mixture.
Mix the second box of Jiffy mix and corn together and pour over meat mixture. Top with cheese and chopped jalapeños.
Pour the remaining cornbread mixture on top.
Bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for 45 mins or until the top is lightly browned.
You'll also love
- Tomato Basil Pasta 4.6/5 (37 Votes)
- Baked Macaroni and Cheese 4.6/5 (37 Votes)
- Roasted Garlic Chicken Soup 4.6/5 (37 Votes)
- Banana Bread Brownies 4.3/5 (56 Votes)
- Barefoot Contessa's Lemon Bars 4.2/5 (80 Votes)
- Sautéed Chicken with Spinach &... 4.2/5 (70 Votes)
- Batter Fried Corn Dogs 4.5/5 (49 Votes)
- Chorizo and Cornbread Stuffing 4.6/5 (38 Votes)