Roasted Corn and Lentil Salad with Grilled Prawns
- For the Vinaigrette:
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 Green onions, white and light green parts only, chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/2 Cup basil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 limes, zest and juice
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- For the Salad:
- 18 large prawns, thawed, deveined, and rinsed
- 2 cups raw corn off the cob, or frozen and thawed
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 2 cups cooked black(Beluga), or green lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 small cucumbers, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- Sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In the bowl of a food processor, add all vinaigrette ingredients and blend until smooth.
3. Place prawns in a medium bowl, Add half of vinaigrette to cover prawns. Let marinate 1 hour in refrigerator.
4. Stir together corn, 2 tablespoons canola oil, and chili powder on a parchment lined baking sheet. Roast for 15 minutes, stirring halfway through. Let cool to room temperature.
5. Add lentils, peppers, cucumber, tomatoes, onion, and roasted corn in a large bowl.
6. Preheat grill or grill pan. Brush with 1 tablespoon canola oil. Cook shrimp until no longer pink, about 2 minutes.
7. Add grilled shrimp to salad. Toss with remaining herb vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper, serve.