Shrimp with Grapefruit, Avocado, Fennel & Jalapeño Vinaigrette
- 2 sliced jalapenos
- 1/2 med sliced carrot
- 1/2 med white onion, sliced
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 C rice wine vinegar
- 1 lb. shrimp
- 1/4 C olive oil
- 1 grapefruit, peeled & pith discarded
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 C mint leaves
- 1 avocado, sliced
Preheat grill to med.
Bring small pot of water to boil.. Add jalapeño, carrot, onion & garlic & cook until tender. Drain well & transfer to blender. Add vinegar, salt & pepper and puree.
Toss shrimp with olive oil, salt & pepper. Grill until just cooked, @ 2 min per side.
Toss shrimp with dressing, grapefruit, fennel, red onion & mint. Mound on top of avocado slices.
You'll also love
- Grapefruit White Wine Spritzer 4.5/5 (55 Votes)
- Peach and Blackberry Slaw 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spiral Apple Dumplings 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken Dana 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mardi Gras Pasta with Shrimp and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cucumber Ice Cream 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Shrimp with Pepito Pesto 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Orange Ginger Turkey Meatloaf 0/5 (0 Votes)