Zesty Lime Shrimp & Avocado Salad
This will be a huge hit at your Cinco de Mayo fiesta or summer bash! Serve this as is for an appetizer, or over lettuce or tostadas for a lunch or light meal.
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp, cooked, peeled and deveined, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 Hass avocado, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed, diced fine
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- Salt and fresh pepper, to taste
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
In a small bowl combine red onion, lime juice, olive oil, pinch of salt and pepper. Let them marinate at least 5 minutes to mellow the flavor of the onion.
In a large bowl combine chopped shrimp, avocado, tomato, jalapeño. Combine all the ingredients together, add cilantro and gently toss. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
You'll also love
- Pineapple Chicken Salad Lettuce... 4.6/5 (102 Votes)
- Pineapple Dream Cake 4.4/5 (123 Votes)
- Melt in Your Mouth Chicken Breasts 4.3/5 (144 Votes)
- French Breakfast Muffins 4.1/5 (151 Votes)
- Best Homemade Potato Salad 4.5/5 (104 Votes)
- Easiest Ever Rustic Apple Tart 4.5/5 (113 Votes)
- Lemon Garlic Shrimp over... 4.5/5 (103 Votes)
- Garlic Lemon Chicken with Green... 4.2/5 (153 Votes)