Roasted Shrimp with Pepito Pesto
- 1 lb peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tbsp olive oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup pepitas (roasted hulled pumpkin seeds)
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Heat oven to 400* F. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the shrimp with the cayenne, 1 tbsp of the oil, and 1/4 tsp each salt and black pepper. Roast until opaque throughout, 8 to 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine the pepitas, parsley, cilantro, the remaining 1/3 cup of oil, and 1/4 tsp each salt and black pepper and process until smooth. Serve with the shrimp for dipping.