Vegan Sausage Patties
Vegan sausage patties are so good even your meatiest meat-eater friends will be fighting over the last one. Make with soy sauce, liquid smoke, vegetable protein, and maple syrup, these vegan sausage patties are perfect for any brunch or breakfast spread. Serve these with all of your breakfast favorites, like pancakes and mimosas!
- 1/2 cup textured vegetable protein
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup oat or wheat bran
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds, optional
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 or 2 dashes of cayenne, optional
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon blackstrap molasses
- canola oil for frying
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 15mins
Adapted from hellyeahitsvegan.com
Stir together textured vegetable protein and boiling water and set aside to soak for 5 minutes.
Add flour, bran, and dry spices; stir to incorporate.
In a measuring cup, measure out water; add liquid smoke directly to the cup and stir (this way the smoke will be evenly distributed).
Add water mixture and remaining liquids to dry; mix well. With your hands, form mixture into 1/2-inch-thick patties.
Heat a 1/4-inch of canola oil in a cast iron pan. When the canola oil is hot, fry patties for a couple of minutes on each side, until golden.
Repeat the last step with remaining batter, adding more oil each round as necessary. Serve hot.
You'll also love
- Flat Belly - Greek Grilled Chicken... 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- Hamburger Minestrone Soup 4.3/5 (20 Votes)
- Aioli (Garlic Mayo) 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- Applebee's Chicken Fried Chicken 4.2/5 (21 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Chicken Pot Pie... 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- Crab Artichoke Dip in a Bread Bowl 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Easy Beef Stew 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Best Cinnamon Roll Waffles 4.4/5 (14 Votes)