Best Cinnamon Roll Waffles
Love cinnamon rolls? and waffles? These cinnamon roll waffles are perfect for a weekend brunch, or just when you are looking for something a little bit different for breakfast.
- 3 large croissants, or 9 ounces brioche bread, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 ounces cream cheese, cold
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Preheat waffle iron.
Tear croissants or bread into piece about 1 to 2 inches in diameter. Add to a small mixing bowl and toss with the cornstarch.
In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon. Pour over the croissants and mix well. Add the cooled melted butter.
Take the cold cream cheese and cut into pieces about 1/2" square. Coat with brown sugar.
Carefully add these cream cheese cubes to the croissant mixture.
Spoon about 3/4 cup of the mixture into the hot waffle iron and close the lid. Cook until there isn't much stem coming about, about 8 minutes.
In the meantime, make the icing. Whisk the milk and sugar together to form a thick icing.
Once the waffle rises and is done, serve with the icing, butter and sugar.
You'll also love
- Slow Cooker Mongolian Beef 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Candied Sweet Potatoes 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Spicy Bacon Guacamole 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Potato Chip Chicken 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Christmas Tree Cupcakes 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Mimosa Pitcher 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Skillet Huevos 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Panettone Bread Pudding 4.4/5 (16 Votes)