The cayenne pepper in these scalloped potatoes gives them the most delicious kick of flavor! These are DEFINITELY the ones you want to bring to your next potluck.
- 4 cups thinly sliced potatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated cheese, to sprinkle on top
- Paprika, to taste
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 90mins
In a small saucepan, melt butter and blend in flour. Let sit for a minute.
Add the cold milk, stirring with a whisk. Season with salt and cayenne.
Cook sauce on low until smooth and boiling, stirring occasionally with a whisk. Reduce heat and stir in cheese.
Place a half of the sliced potatoes in a lightly greased one quart casserole dish.
Pour half of cheese sauce over potatoes. Repeat with second layer of potatoes and cheese sauce.
Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top
Top with some paprika for color.
Bake uncovered for about 1 hour at 350°F
You'll also love
- Pumpkin-Dark Chocolate Macarons 4.5/5 (75 Votes)
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies 4.5/5 (74 Votes)
- Pink Starburst Shot 4.3/5 (114 Votes)
- Banana Roll with Cheesecake Filling 4.1/5 (135 Votes)
- Sweet and Spicy Citrus Tilapia 4.4/5 (83 Votes)
- Amish Macaroni Salad 4.2/5 (104 Votes)
- Broccoli Cheddar Baked Potato 4.5/5 (73 Votes)
- Baked Salmon with Tomatoes,... 4.5/5 (72 Votes)