PEPPERED SHRIMP ALFREDO
Come Join & Invite your Friends & Family » Deliciously Dished: https://www.facebook.com/DeliciouslyDished and as always feel free to join us at Deliciously Dished: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Creates/ our group. You do not want to miss out on all the Foodie loveღ
- 12 ounces penne pasta
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, diced
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 (15 ounce) jar Alfredo sauce (Homemade recipe HERE if you need it)
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or more to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
Meanwhile, melt butter together with the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
Stir in onion, and cook until softened and translucent, about 2 minutes.
Stir in garlic, red pepper, and mushroom; cook over medium-high heat until soft, about 2 minutes more.
Stir in the shrimp, and cook until firm and pink, then pour in Alfredo sauce, Romano cheese, and cream; bring to a simmer stirring constantly until thickened, about 5 minutes.
Season with cayenne, salt, and pepper to taste.
Stir drained pasta into the sauce, and serve sprinkled with chopped parsley.
You'll also love
- Sea Scallops, Baked 4.5/5 (78 Votes)
- Spinach Artichoke Toast 4.5/5 (75 Votes)
- Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.2/5 (105 Votes)
- Creamy White Wine Shrimp Alfredo 3.9/5 (17 Votes)
- Blackened Shrimp Alfredo 4/5 (5 Votes)
Review this recipe