Broccoli Cheddar Baked Potato
Baked potato topped with butter, steamed broccoli, homemade cheese sauce, sour cream, and jalapeno slices. Great with a juicy, grilled steak and Texas toast. (Cheddar Cheese Sauce recipe below).
- Cheddar Cheese Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons margarine (I used Smart Balance, Original)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pinch paprika
- 1 1/3 cups whole milk or half-and-half (or combination)
- 1 (8 oz) block Sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (I used Kraft 2%)
In a heavy 2-qt. non-stick saucepan, melt the margarine over medium heat; whisk in the flour, mustard, salt, pepper, and paprika and cook, whisking constantly, for 1-2 minutes (do not brown). Gradually add the milk, whisking vigorously, until well blended and smooth. Cook and whisk until sauce thickens to desired consistency. Remove from heat and stir in the shredded cheese until melted.
Serve hot over steamed broccoli or cauliflower or a baked potato.
You'll also love
- Orange Chicken and Vegetable Stir... 4.5/5 (73 Votes)
- Bacon & Egg in Toast Cups 4.5/5 (73 Votes)
- Copycat P.F. Changs Lettuce Wraps 4.5/5 (77 Votes)
- Easy Garlic Butter Breadsticks 4.4/5 (81 Votes)
- Breakfast Potato Bites 4.5/5 (75 Votes)
- Broccoli & Cheese Casserole 4.5/5 (76 Votes)
- Broccoli Beef 4.6/5 (67 Votes)