Maple Bacon Monkey Bread
Brown sugar, bacon and cayenne pepper give this monkey bread a delicious sweet and spicy caramelized flavor.
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 6 slices bacon, crisply cooked, crumbled
- 2 (8-ounce) cans Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent dinner rolls or 2 (8-ounce) cans Pillsbury® Crescent Recipe Creations® refrigerated seamless dough sheet
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from pillsbury.com
Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 8x4-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
In medium microwavable bowl, microwave butter and syrup uncovered on High 30 to 45 seconds or until hot. Stir in brown sugar and red pepper until dissolved. Stir in bacon. Evenly spoon mixture into pan.
Unroll each can of dough into 1 large rectangle; if using crescent roll dough, press perforations to seal. Cut each rectangle into 8 rows by 3 rows, to make 24 pieces per rectangle (48 pieces of dough total). Roll each piece of dough into a ball. Arrange balls over butter mixture in pan.
Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan 5 minutes. Place heatproof serving plate over pan; carefully turn plate and pan over. Remove pan. Serve warm.
You'll also love
- Banana Bread Pudding 4.5/5 (49 Votes)
- STRAWBERRY CREAM CHEESE COBBLER 4.5/5 (48 Votes)
- Fresh Strawberry Cake 4.6/5 (44 Votes)
- Potatoes, Bacon & Onions in a Foil... 4.6/5 (44 Votes)
- Super Moist Pumpkin Bread 4.3/5 (65 Votes)
- Cheddar and Bacon Scones 4.6/5 (44 Votes)
- Roasted Cauliflower with... 4.4/5 (56 Votes)
- 5-Ingredient Banana Bread... 4.8/5 (28 Votes)