Roasted Cauliflower with Caramelized Onion Gratin
Adapted from a couple different recipes for Cauliflower gratin, but decided to roast cauliflower and add caramelized onions with amazing results!
- 1 head cauliflower, broken up into florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 large sweet yellow onions
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups cheese, grated (white cheddar and parmesan is good mix use something that's "sharp" Asiago or aged cheddar).
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 60mins
Preheat oven to 450°F.
Place cauliflower florets on a cookie sheet, drizzle with olive, and season with salt & pepper.
Roast in oven for 20 to 25 minutes until browned on edges. Shake cookie sheet occasionally to turn over cauliflower (or use tongs) so evenly roasted.
Meanwhile, slice onions thin and saute onions in olive oil over low/medium heat
Season with salt & pepper. Cook onions until caramelized and brown. After about 15 minutes, add garlic and continue to cook until onions are translucent and brown
In a sauce pan, melt butter. Whisk in flour to make a roux, when all combined and cooked a little, whisk in milk until sauce has nice consistency. Add most of the cheese and continue to stir until smooth and creamy. Save some cheese for the top.
Add cauliflower to cheese sauce and stir. Add caramelized onions and mix well. Turn out into large pie dish or other casserole. Top with cheese and bake at 350°F until top is browned.
You'll also love
- Bacony Potato Salad 4.6/5 (39 Votes)
- Flat Belly - Creamy Broccoli Soup 4.6/5 (39 Votes)
- Crockpot Pizza Pasta 4.3/5 (68 Votes)
- Chili Dog Puffs 4.5/5 (51 Votes)
- Panda Express Orange Chicken 4.4/5 (60 Votes)
- Zucchini, Squash, Onion & Cheese... 4/5 (87 Votes)
- Red Velvet Crepes with Raspberry &... 4.5/5 (50 Votes)
- Fried Cabbage with Onions and Bacon 4.6/5 (41 Votes)