Flat Belly - Chicken Piccata
From "Flat Belly Diet Cookbook", Enjoy!
- 12 oz boneless, skinless chicken tenders
- 2 tbsp flour
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsly
- 2 tsp capers, minced
- Freshly ground black pepper
Cooking time 15mins
1.) Lay the tenders on a work surface. With a smooth scaloppine pounder or a rolling pin covered in plastic wrap, flatten to 1/4' thickness. Dredge the cutlets lightly in the flour.
2.) Heat a large skillet over med-high heat. Add the oil to the skillet and heat until sizzling. Place the chicken in the skillet. Cook for 2 minutes per side or until lightly browned and cooked through.
3.) Add the lemon juice, parsley, and capers. Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 2 minutes to allow the flavors to blend. Season to taste with the pepper. Serve the chicken with the pan juices.
NOTE: Pounding the chicken breast to an even thickness is an important step because it allows the chicken to cook evenly so both ends are moist and delicious. However, if you are like me and buy it already thinly sliced, then disregard the above " 1.)" and this note.
You'll also love
- Baked Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken 4.3/5 (72 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Chicken Lo Mein 4.1/5 (78 Votes)
- Cajun Spinach Stuffed Chicken... 4.5/5 (48 Votes)
- Better Than Alice’s Chicken 4.5/5 (47 Votes)
- Quick & Easy Crispy Cheddar Chicken 4.4/5 (54 Votes)
- Linguine Pesto with Italian... 4.4/5 (54 Votes)
- Red Pozole with Chicken (Pozole... 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Parmesan Chicken Tenders with... 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
Review this recipe