Fluffy Eggnog & Vanilla Bean Pancakes
Just in time for that time of year, when Eggnog appears at our grocery store, these pancakes are a nice change of pace from "ordinary" pancakes. I don&#39;t particularly like to drink eggnog--but I love the custard-like flavor in my baked products. I much prefer to make "scratch" pancakes and I was inspired to use eggnog instead of buttermilk. I also used vanilla bean paste, but you can easily substitute pure vanilla extra. These pancakes are thick, fluffy and addicting. I recommend using pure maple syrup and plenty of butter. Yes, it&#39;s decadent, but eggnog only comes around once a year! Enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (I used unbleached flour)
- 2 heaping teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg (optional)
- Pinch salt
- 1 1/3 cups Eggnog
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste (or 1/2 tsp pure vanilla)
- Butter, for the griddle
- Pure Maple Syrup
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 15mins
Adapted from foodiewife-kitchen.blogspot.com
Melt the butter and set aside to cool slightly.
In a bowl, measure the flour and add the baking powder, sugar and salt. Whisk, or stir to combine.
In another bowl,whisk the Eggnog, eggs and the slightly cooled butter; pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients, whisking as you do so.
NOTE: I try not to overwork my pancake dough, so they turn out tender and fluffy.
On medium-heat either a griddle or nonstick frying pan, and pour out about 1/4 cup of the batter. When you see bubbles erupting on the surface, turn the pancakes over and cook for a 2-3 of minutes, on the other side.
NOTE: I always heat my plates in a warm oven, so that my pancakes are served nice and hot-- the better for added butter to melt and for pure maple syrup to ooze over the edges.
You'll also love
- Mini Crostini Appetizers 4.5/5 (55 Votes)
- Salted Caramel Rice Krispie Treats 4.5/5 (55 Votes)
- Caramel Drizzled Pumpkin Poke Cake 4.5/5 (55 Votes)
- Melting Snowmen Oreo Cookie Balls 4.6/5 (47 Votes)
- Healthier Baked "Fried" Chicken 4.6/5 (46 Votes)
- Trisha Yearwood's Sugared Pecans 4.2/5 (72 Votes)
- 5-Ingredient Banana Bread... 4.8/5 (28 Votes)
- Bundt Cake Breakfast 4.6/5 (44 Votes)