Slow Cooker Chicken Lo Mein
No need for expensive Chinese takeout when you can make your own Chicken Lo Mein in a slow cooker so it is ready, when you are ready! Fresh and delicious -- make sure to pick up some fortune cookies for dessert!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs, about 1 1/2 pounds, trimmed of excess fat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium carrots, sliced diagonally, about 1 cup
- 2 medium stalks celery, coarsely chopped, about 1 cup
- 1 medium onion, chopped, about 1/2 cup
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped ginger root
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms, about 3 ounces
- 1 cup snow pea pods, about 4 ounces
- 1 (8-ounce) package lo mein noodles, prepared
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 400mins
Preheat oil in a skillet until medium heat, add chicken and cook until lightly browned.
In slow cooker, put in carrots, celery, onion, garlic and water chestnuts; top with browned chicken. In small bowl, mix together broth, soy sauce and ginger root; pour over chicken.
Cover; cook on Low heat setting 6 to 8 hours.
Mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into chicken mixture. Stir in mushrooms and pea pods. Increase heat setting to High. Cover; cook 15 minutes longer.
Serve over prepared noodles.
You'll also love
- Bacon Cheddar Cauliflower Chowder 4.5/5 (49 Votes)
- Fluffy Eggnog & Vanilla Bean... 4.6/5 (43 Votes)
- Salmon Oscar 4.3/5 (59 Votes)
- Cajun Spinach Stuffed Chicken... 4.5/5 (48 Votes)
- Frozen Vodka Lemonade Cocktail 4.1/5 (78 Votes)
- Paleo Pumpkin Pecan Pie 4.4/5 (61 Votes)
- Fried Cabbage W/ Sausage 4.5/5 (53 Votes)
- Chicken Alfredo Roll-Ups 4.4/5 (62 Votes)