Best Homemade Potato Salad
Summer is finally here! This Best Homemade Potato Salad recipe is a perfect side for your next BBQ, picnic or family gathering. Enjoy!
- 2 pounds clean, scrubbed new red potatoes
- 6 eggs
- 1 pound bacon
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Miracle Whip, or mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preparation time 35mins
Cooking time 95mins
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until fork tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and spread out on a cookie sheet to cool.
Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, peel and chop.
Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
Chop the cooled potatoes, leaving skin on. Add to a large bowl, along with the eggs, bacon, onion and celery. Add mayonnaise, sour cream, salt, and pepper. Chill for an hour before serving.
You'll also love
- Easiest Ever Rustic Apple Tart 4.5/5 (110 Votes)
- Texas Pecan Pie Pound Cake 3.8/5 (291 Votes)
- Crack Cake 3.8/5 (310 Votes)
- Panera Summer Corn Chowder (Copy... 3.8/5 (584 Votes)
- Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls 4.4/5 (111 Votes)
- Baked Potato Casserole 4.6/5 (96 Votes)
- Garlic Lemon Chicken with Green... 4.2/5 (130 Votes)
- Avocado Chicken Salad 4.5/5 (100 Votes)