Cacio e Pepe with bacon (Zucchini Noodles)
- 3 strips of bacon
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 pinch of red pepper flakes
- 3 medium zucchinis, Blade C
- freshly cracked black pepper, from a grinder
- 1/4 cup grated pecorino romano cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmigiano reggiano cheese + more to garnish
Adapted from inspiralized.com
Place a large skillet over medium heat and coat lightly with cooking spray. Add in the bacon and cook for 3-5 minutes and then flip over, cooking for another 2-3 minutes. Once done, remove and place on a paper-towel lined plate.
Remove all of the oil from the bacon except for 2 tbsp. Add in the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook for 30 seconds. Then, add in the zucchini noodles and toss to cook, for about 2-3 minutes.
Season the zucchini with about 5 cracks of the pepper and add in the cheeses. Toss to combine thoroughly and then plate into two bowls. Top each bowl with a few more cranks of black pepper and crumble over a piece and a half of bacon in each bowl. Garnish with additional parmigiano reggiano cheese.
You'll also love
- Cauliflower Parmesan - NY Times 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Black Bean & Sweet Potato Soup 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Grilled Sausages with Marinated... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Apple Turkey 2.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Tri-Color Rotini Pasta Salad with... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Chickpea Scramble with Zucchini... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Tri Color Pasta Salad 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- CANDIED BACON-WRAPPED PINEAPPLE 4.5/5 (21 Votes)