Grilled Sausages with Marinated Peppers & Onions
This simple dish is a favorite for game days and weekend barbecues. Italian sausage gets complemented with bright marinated peppers and onions.
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 4 links Italian sausage
- 1 small Italian bread
- Potato chips, for serving
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from womansday.com
Heat grill or a grill pan to medium-high.
In a large bowl, whisk together the lime juice, oil, honey, salt and pepper. Add the bell pepper and onion and let sit, tossing occasionally, for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, grill the sausages, turning occasionally, until charred and cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes. If desired, grill the bread until slightly charred, about 1 minute.
Serve the sausages in the bread and top with the peppers and onions. Serve with potato chips, if desired.
You'll also love
- Thai Shrimp Coconut Soup - Instant... 4/5 (7 Votes)
- Apple Turkey 2.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Brown Sugar Bacon Wrapped Smokies 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Creamy Spinach Artichoke Pizza 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Beer Glazed Citrus Chicken with... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Black-Eyed Peas and Greens with... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Ottoman Empire Burger with Roasted... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Bloomin' Onion Petals with ... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)