CANDIED BACON-WRAPPED PINEAPPLE
Gasparilla Party food
- Ingredients for the Candied Bacon Wrapped Pineapple
- 10 strips thick-cut applewood smoked bacon
- 20 chunks fresh pineapple*
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- Ingredients for the Honey-Sriracha Dipping Sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha**
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon finely sliced fresh cilantro stems***
Adapted from thecafesucrefarine.com
Preheat oven to 400˚F. Line a sheet pan with foil.
Cut bacon strips in half width-wise.3. Put brown sugar on a large (dinner-size) plate.4. Wrap each pineapple chunk with bacon.
Roll each bacon wrapped pineapple in brown sugar to coat. Pat a bit more sugar, if needed, to completely coat.
Place rolls, seam side down, on prepared pan. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until deep golden brown. Pieces near edges of pan may cook a bit faster. Check every few minutes towards the end of baking time and remove bacon rolls as needed.
Place rolls on several thicknesses of paper toweling for just 1 minute, then transfer to serving platter.
Serve on their own or with Honey-Sriracha Dipping Sauce.
For the Honey-Sriracha Dipping Sauce, place all ingredients in a jar and shake till well-combined.
* Can be made ahead. Refrigerate until ready to be used.
You'll also love
- Ginger, Beef, and Green Bean Stir... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Chard & Caramelized Shallot Noodle... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Cranberry, Bacon, and Gorgonzola... 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Mam's Original Banana Pudding 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Jones Sausage, Cranberry & Apple... 3.9/5 (13 Votes)
- Lemon and Pineapple 7-UP Salad 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Cherry-Pineapple Pie 4.3/5 (23 Votes)
Review this recipe