Slow Cooker Bacon & Corn Chowder
Only a few minutes of prep. and your slow cooker will do the rest in this classic hearty and creamy Bacon & Corn Chowder recipe. Enjoy!
- 1/2 pound bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 2 cups frozen corn (from 12 ounce bag), thawed
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup carrots, chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 can (18 ounce) Progresso™ Recipe Starters™ creamy roasted garlic cooking sauce
- 1 can (14.75 ounce) cream style sweet corn
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup milk
Cooking time 290mins
Adapted from pillsbury.com
Spray 6- to 7-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In 10-inch skillet, cook bacon until crisp; drain on paper towels. Discard drippings.
Place bacon in slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients except milk; stir to combine.
Cover; cook on Low heat setting 4 hours or until potatoes are tender. Stir in milk. Cover; cook about 30 minutes longer or until hot. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Garnish individual bowls of chowder with additional crumbled cooked bacon, if desired.
If corn is in season, use fresh corn cut from the cob instead of frozen.
You'll also love
- Maple Cream Sauce for Butternut... 3.7/5 (609 Votes)
- Apple Crisp Cheesecake 4/5 (382 Votes)
- Easy Crock Pot Potato Soup 3.8/5 (1431 Votes)
- Crock Pot Ranch Pork Chops 3.8/5 (451 Votes)
- Cooler Corn 3.7/5 (484 Votes)
- Zucchini & Sweet Corn Casserole 4.4/5 (225 Votes)
Review this recipe