Slow Cooker Bacon & Corn Chowder
Only a few minutes of prep. and your slow cooker will do the rest in this classic hearty and creamy Bacon & Corn Chowder recipe. Enjoy!
- 1/2 pound bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 2 cups frozen corn (from 12 ounce bag), thawed
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup carrots, chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 can (18 ounce) Progresso™ Recipe Starters™ creamy roasted garlic cooking sauce
- 1 can (14.75 ounce) cream style sweet corn
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup milk
Cooking time 290mins
Adapted from pillsbury.com
Spray 6- to 7-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In 10-inch skillet, cook bacon until crisp; drain on paper towels. Discard drippings.
Place bacon in slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients except milk; stir to combine.
Cover; cook on Low heat setting 4 hours or until potatoes are tender. Stir in milk. Cover; cook about 30 minutes longer or until hot. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Garnish individual bowls of chowder with additional crumbled cooked bacon, if desired.
If corn is in season, use fresh corn cut from the cob instead of frozen.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (891 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (904 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (708 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (679 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Potato & Bacon Potato Salad 4.5/5 (218 Votes)
- BACON CHEESEBURGER ROLL-UPS 4.6/5 (196 Votes)