Brown Sugar Bacon Wrapped Smokies
Rate this recipe 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- 1 Package of Bacon
- 1 Package of Mini Smokies
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
Adapted from cf.spendwithpennies.com
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking pan with foil.
Cut Bacon into thirds. Wrap 1 piece of bacon around each mini smokie and secure with a toothpick.
Combine cayenne pepper and brown sugar and roll each smokie in the mixture. (Note: They can be frozen at this point)
Place on prepared pans and bake for 10 minutes.
Flip smokies and cook an additional 10 minutes or until bacon is crispy. (Add an extra 5 minutes if baking from frozen).
NOTE: Do not mix the brown sugar with the smokies ON the foil lined pan because the excess brown sugar may burn. Rub the brown sugar on the smokies prior to putting them on the pan.
You'll also love
- Apple Strudel Recipe 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Tri-Color Rotini Pasta Salad with... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- LEAN ROAST BEEF WITH MARSALA GRAVY 4.2/5 (6 Votes)
- Turkey Sausage with Fennel... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Cranberry, Bacon, and Gorgonzola... 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
Review this recipe