Warm Bacon Cheese Spread
Easy and mess free! This bacon cheese spread bakes right in a bread bowl and works wonderfully with any dipper, such as veggie sticks or chips.
- 1 round loaf (1-pound) sourdough bread
- 1 package (8-ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups (12-ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups (8-ounces) cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- Assorted crackers
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 75mins
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
Cut the top fourth off the loaf of bread; carefully hollow out the bottom, leaving a 1-inch shell. Cut the removed bread and top of loaf into cubes; set aside.
In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add the sour cream, cheddar cheese and Worcestershire sauce until blended; stir in bacon and onions.
Spoon into bread shell. Wrap in a piece of heavy-duty foil (about 24x17 -inch). Bake at 325°F for 1 hour or until heated through. Serve with crackers and reserved bread cubes.
You'll also love
- Creamy Garlic Parmesan Mac and... 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Strawberry Lemon Cream Scones 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Oven-Cooked Candied Bacon Recipe 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Kids Can Make Popovers with... 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Bacon and Onion Foil Packet... 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Buffalo Chicken... 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Homemade Cracker Jack® Caramel... 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Praline fudge 4.2/5 (34 Votes)