Strawberry Lemon Cream Scones
- 2 cups + 2 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cubed and cold
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream, plus more for brushing
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup strawberries, finely chopped*
- 1-1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest (optional--it makes the glaze extra lemony!)
Preparation time 20mins
Adapted from alattefood.com
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a bowl, mix together flour, white sugar, baking powder, lemon zest, and salt. Once combined, cut in the butter with a fork or pastry cutter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Whisk together heavy cream, sour cream, egg, lemon juice, and vanilla extract. Slowly add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and mix until just combined.
Stir in the strawberries* and mix until just combined.
Turn the dough out onto a floured surface, and pat into a 1" thick circle. Cut into 8 triangles.
Brush the tops of each scone with a little bit of heavy cream, and bake for 15-16 minutes, or until scones are golden brown.
While the scones are cooling, mix together powdered sugar (starting with 1 cup), lemon juice (beginning with 2 Tbsp), and lemon zest. If the glaze seems too thin, add in the last 1/2 cup of powdered sugar. If it seems too thick, add in the last Tbsp of lemon juice.
Pour the glaze over the scones and enjoy!
You'll also love
- Oven-Cooked Candied Bacon Recipe 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Sweet Chili-Garlic Shrimp [asian] 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Kids Can Make Popovers with... 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Key Lime Buttermilk Icebox Pie 4.3/5 (27 Votes)
- Lime Lemonade 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Strawberry Cream Brunch Cake 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Lemon & Basil Sorbetto 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
Review this recipe