Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle
Change it up this holiday season and make this delicious Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle. Your family will for sure love it!
- 2 packages (14-1/2 ounces each) gingerbread cake mix
- 1 package (4.6-ounces) vanilla pudding mix
- 3 cups milk
- 1 (29-ounces) can solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 (12 ounces) carton frozen
- Whipped topping, thawed, divided
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
Prepare and bake gingerbread according to package directions, using two greased 9-inch round baking pans. Cool completely on wire racks.
Meanwhile, for pudding, in a large saucepan, combine pudding mix and milk; stir until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes longer or until thickened. Remove from the heat; cool to
room temperature. Combine pumpkin and brown sugar; stir into pudding.
In a 2-quart glass serving bowl, crumble one gingerbread cake; gently press down. Top with half of pudding mixture and whipped topping. Repeat layers. Cover and refrigerate overnight.