Pasta Avocado Salad
This is a wonderful mix of flavours and one of my favourite recipes. I will often double the mayonnaise and tahini for a creamier salad. I had the recipe years ago and lost it and just recently found it on a recipe site and it is exactly as I remembered it. Putting it on KI so I never lose it again.
- 2 cups pasta shapes (I prefer bowties or wagon wheels)
- 3 Tbsps mayonnaise
- 2 tsps Tahini (sesame paste)
- 1 medium to large orange
- 1/2 red pepper (or any colour you prefer or mix the colours)
- 1 medium ripe avocado
- Pumpkin seeds to garnish (optional)
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
1. Cook pasta according to directions and leave to cool.
2. Mix together the mayonnaise and tahini.
3. Chop the orange into bite size pieces, retaining any juice.
4. Chop the pepper into bite size pieces.
5. Stir the mayo mixture, pepper and orange (plus juice) into the cooked pasta.
6. Just before serving, cube the avocado and stir in carefully so not to mash it.
7. Garnish with pumpkin seeds and ENJOY