Low carb and healthy zucchini Alfredo makes for a wonderful snack or side dish.
- 5 large zucchini (about 2.5-pounds)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, cubed and softened
- 3/4 cup 1/2 and 1/2 or light cream
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, finely shredded
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- Ground nutmeg
Preparation time 65mins
Cooking time 70mins
Spiralize the zucchini using a spiralizer. In a large colander toss the zucchini with the salt. Allow to drain for 1 hour. Rinse and drain. Pat dry.
In a 12 inch skillet cook the zucchini and garlic in hot oil over medium high heat for 2 to 4 minutes or until crisp tender. Transfer mixture from skillet to a large bowl.
In the skillet heat the cream cheese and 1/2 and 1/2 over medium low heat until smooth. Stir in the 1/2 cup parmesan cheese. Stir in zucchini; heat through. Transfer to a serving dish. Sprinkle with pepper, nutmeg and additional parmesan cheese.
You'll also love
- Apple Pie Doughnuts 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Creamy Parmesan Tomato & Spinach... 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Tomato Soup 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- 5-Ingredient Beer Bread 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Zucchini Gratin 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Healthy Greek Yogurt Zucchini... 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Creamy Cheesy Corn Casserole 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Wild Rice Dressing 4.3/5 (8 Votes)