Quinoa, Zucchini, & Leek Curried Kugel
Add a little spice to your typical kugel dish with this curry powder-infused, nutrient-rich recipe. Loaded to the brim with fresh veggies, this curried kugel is healthy but still incredibly tasty. Pack this dish up and take it to your next potluck, this dish is perfect to travel with. Serve with a side salad or on the side of a meaty main course, this dish is very versatile.
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup of quinoa
- 1 cup of water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 medium-sized zucchini, sliced
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 85mins
Adapted from chabad.org
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In 1 tablespoon olive oil, sauté the leek over a medium flame until tender.
Once leek is tender, add quinoa and toast for 3 minutes, stirring often. Add the water and a 1/8 teaspoon salt and cook over medium heat for 15 minutes, or until all the water is absorbed. Cover and set aside.
In a separate frying pan, add the garlic and the other tablespoon of olive oil and sauté over medium heat for 30 seconds. Add zucchini and sauté for 5 minutes, or until tender. Set aside to cool.
In a bowl, mix mayonnaise, eggs, and curry thoroughly. Stir in the zucchini and quinoa and mix well. Pour the mixture into an 8-inch round baking dish and bake for 40 minutes, or until golden brown
You'll also love
- Spring Chicken 4.8/5 (8 Votes)
- Bone Broth ... beef, chicken or... 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Salmon Tagliatelle with Creamy... 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Roasted Romanesco Cauliflower 3.8/5 (14 Votes)
- Easy Creamy Cheesy Chicken... 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Tomato Artichoke Appetizers 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Pumpkin Chiffon Pie 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Smoked Salmon Canapés 4.3/5 (8 Votes)