P.F. Chang's Stir-Fried Spicy Eggplant
Chinese eggplant tossed in a spicy vegetarian sauce with chili paste and scallions. Yum!
- 1 pound eggplant, peeled, cut into 1-inch dice
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, mixed with
- 2 tablespoons water, to make a paste
- canola oil, for deep-frying
- Spicy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetarian oyster sauce (or regular oyster sauce)
- 2 tablespoons lite soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili paste (Sambal Oleck preferred)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground bean sauce (Koon Chun preferred)
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from cdkitchen.com
Combine all Spicy Sauce ingredients and mix well.
In a wok, deep-fry eggplant at 350°F for 1 minute. Remove eggplant and drain on paper towels.
Meanwhile remove all but 1/2 teaspoon of oil from wok. On high heat, stir-fry garlic for 5 seconds then add Spicy Sauce.
Reduce heat and let sauce simmer 20 seconds. Add eggplant and simmer for another 10 seconds. Stir in cornstarch paste a little at a time until desired consistency. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Scallops with Shiitake and Oyster... 3.8/5 (41 Votes)
- Panamanian Carimanolas 4/5 (45 Votes)
- Brussel Sprouts-Crispy Asian... 3.7/5 (117 Votes)
- Crab & Ricotta Cannelloni 3.9/5 (38 Votes)
- Pumpkin Roll with Spiced Cream... 4.1/5 (18 Votes)
- Tuna Poke 3.9/5 (10 Votes)
- Djuvec - Serbian Casserole 4.1/5 (29 Votes)
- Lemon-Glazed Sweet Potatoes 4.2/5 (11 Votes)