Healthy Greek Yogurt Zucchini Pancakes
Healthy Greek yogurt zucchini pancakes so soft, sweet, and fluffy, you’ll want them for breakfast everyday! Top with fresh berries, a drizzle of honey, or good old fashioned maple syrup – no matter how you dress them up, this stack is sure to please any pancake lover.
The texture is dreamily soft and fluffy and pretty much everything you could possibly want a pancake to be in that department.
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour (you may substitute all-purpose flour)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional, but adds a nice pop of flavor)
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 1 cup full-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional, but if you don't add it substitute an extra tablespoon of brown sugar)
- 1 cup coarsely shredded zucchini
- Butter, for the pan (I typically use 2-3 tablespoons for one batch of pancakes)
Adapted from bakerbynature.com
In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
In a separate bowl whisk together the egg yolks, Greek yogurt, vanilla, brown sugar, and honey.
Add flour mixture to the wet mixture, and stir just to combined; do not over mix! The batter will be thick, so don't worry if there are a lot of clumps left.
Add egg whites to a large bowl or the body of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Beat the egg whites on high speed until soft peaks begin to form.
With a rubber spatula fold egg whites into flour/yogurt mixture, stirring until fully incorporated. Stir in zucchini, mix until just incorporated. Always be sure to watch your mixing, as over-mixed batter = rubbery, tough results.
Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
Ladle 1/3 cup scoops of the batter into the skillet, only cooking a few at a time so they don't blend together.
Top pancakes with honey, syrup, berries, or anything else your little heart desires! Serve at once.