Roasted Tomatillo & Green Olive Salsa
Salsa is a main food group, and as such you can put it on whatever you want. Or just serve it with chips at your next get together. Either way.
- 1 1/2 pounds tomatillos, husked
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 jalapeño peppers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup green olives, pitted
- 1 cup cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup water
- Substitute 1 serrano pepper for the jalapeño peppers if you like more heat
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from foodiecrush.com
Heat oven to 475°F.
Spread tomatillos, garlic cloves and jalapeño on a baking sheet and coat evenly with oil. Roast for 15 minutes or until tomatillos are browned and blistered.
Remove from oven and place in a food processor or blender with olives, cilantro, lime and sugar. Pulse 5 to 7 times. Add water and pulse another 4 to 5 times to mix.
Place in bowl and serve with chips or as a topping on eggs, chicken or meat.
You'll also love
- Salmon Florentine 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Green Apple Cobbler 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Ina Garten's Jalapeno Cheddar... 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Purple Petal Pusher 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Olive Garden Lasagna Rollata Al... 4.5/5 (31 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Spinach Dip 4.4/5 (36 Votes)
- Mini Baked Brie Roll-Ups 4.4/5 (32 Votes)