Pesto is perfect as a base for pizza, as a dip, mixed with mashed potato, in a pasta salad, thinned out with olive oil to make a dressing, in any scrumptious soup, or even just spread onto a crostini. Artichoke Pesto combines the bold flavors of rocket lettuce or arugula with the rich flavors of artichokes, olive oil, parmesan cheese, and fresh lemon juice.
- 2 to 3 cloves of garlic
- large handful of arugula
- 6 or more marinated artichoke hearts
- fresh lemon juice, to taste
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese or pecorino
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Place garlic, arugula, artichoke hearts, and pine nuts in a food processor and pulse until combined. While motor is running, slowly pour in olive oil, pour in 1/4 cup first and go from there. Scrape sides and squeeze a bit of lemon juice and pulse to combine. Add Parmesan in increments, stir to combine, and adjust the ingredients as you see fit.
Any leftover pesto, spoon into a jar and cover the top with olive oil. This will keep for up to one week. Enjoy!
You'll also love
- Butternut Squash Spice Cake 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Broccoli Casserole 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Healthy Matcha Green Tea Fudge... 4.1/5 (13 Votes)
- Fried Italian Turkey & Cheese... 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Avocado & Roasted Tomatillo Salsa 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Bourbon-Pecan Pâté 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Spinach Artichoke Crescent Wreath 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Thick Sweet Teriyaki Sauce 5/5 (1 Votes)