Avocado & Roasted Tomatillo Salsa
The flavors are amazing in this roasted tomatillo salsa. If you'd like, you can leave the vegetables and avocado a little chunky. Serve with some corn tortilla chips, or with your favorite tacos.
- 1/2 pound tomatillos, husked, cored and quartered
- 3 garlic cloves, lightly smashed and peeled
- 1 jalapeño, stemmed and halved
- 1 leek, white part only, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 Hass avocados, peeled, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, preferably Mexican, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from foodandwine.com
Preheat the oven to 425°F.
On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the tomatillos, garlic, jalapeño and leek with the oil and spread in a single layer. Roast the vegetables until lightly charred and softened, about 12 minutes. Transfer to a blender and let cool.
Add the avocados, cilantro, sugar, cumin and 1/2 cup of water to the blender and puree until smooth. Add the onion, oregano and lime juice and pulse once or twice until incorporated. Transfer the salsa to a bowl and season with salt. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
You'll also love
- Michelada 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Beef and Brussels 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Slow-Cooked Whole Carrots 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Moroccan-Spiced Pork Chops with... 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Raisin Nut Oatmeal Recipe 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Mahi-Mahi with Fennel, Olives, and... 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Sufganiyot with Dulce de Leche... 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Pan-Fried Whitefish With Corn,... 4.4/5 (7 Votes)