This healthy, tasty guacamole uses asparagus in addition to an avocado to cut the fat content and calories down without loosing any flavor or creaminess you'd expect from a great guacamole. Perfect for parties, this recipe feeds a crowd that rich and creamy guacamole dip that everyone craves without too much fat. Serve with the tortilla chips of your choice or maybe even some veggies for dipping.
- 1/2 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 1 avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1 serrano pepper, seeds and membranes removed if you like it less spicy)
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, minced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- salt and pepper
- baked tortilla chips, to serve
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from today.com
Place asparagus stalks in a steamer over 1-inch of boiling water. Cover and wait until they're bright green and tender, about 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from steamer and set aside to cool.
Once cool, cut into 1/2-inch pieces. Purée the asparagus in a food processor or blender. Add avocado, serrano, lime juice, and garlic, and pulse until guacamole is desired texture. Stir in red onion, cilantro, and tomato. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with baked tortilla chips.
You'll also love
- Spinach Dip Wreath 3.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Peach Pie by Aunt Bee 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Cranberry-Almond Broccoli Salad 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Arkansas Green Beans 4.1/5 (9 Votes)
- Chocolate granola bars 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Cinco de Mayo Burger 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Wasabi Edamame "Hummus" 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- The Pioneer Woman's Coconut-Lime... 3.6/5 (15 Votes)
Review this recipe