Guacamole & Sweet Potato Chips
Instead of sweet potato chips, you can use 8-inch corn tortillas, cut into wedges. Stack the tortillas and, using a sharp knife, cut the stack in half. Then cut each half into 8 wedges and continue to cook according to the first step. Or, you can substitute your favorite purchased chips.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled, halved lengthwise and cut crosswise into very thin slices
- Salt, to taste, plus 1/2 teaspoon
- 2 avocados, halved and pitted
- 2 tablespoons white onion, very finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped plus 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 small serrano chili, seeded and very finely chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons shallot, finely chopped
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from williams-sonoma.com
Preheat an oven to 500°F.
Lightly brush 2 baking sheets with some of the olive oil. Arrange the sweet potato slices in a single layer on the prepared sheets and drizzle with the remaining olive oil. Bake until the slices are golden and crisp, about 10 minutes. Turn the slices, rotate the pans and cook until golden and crisp on the second side, about 10 minutes longer. Transfer to paper towels to drain. Season with salt and let stand at room temperature for 5 minutes. Transfer to a platter.
Meanwhile, scoop the flesh from the avocado halves and add to a bowl. Mash with a fork. Add the onion, chopped cilantro, chili, lime juice and the 1/2 tsp. salt. Stir to combine. Garnish the guacamole with the cilantro leaves and chopped shallot and serve alongside the chips.
You'll also love
- Stuffed Zucchini 4.6/5 (29 Votes)
- SHRIMP SCAMPI RECIPE WITH SAUCE 4.5/5 (30 Votes)
- Bacon Ranch Foil Packet Potatoes 4.6/5 (29 Votes)
- Crispy "Fried" Chicken in the Oven 4.6/5 (29 Votes)
- Easy Cabbage Potato and Smoked... 4.5/5 (30 Votes)
- Cranberry Tart 4.6/5 (29 Votes)
- Veggie Samosas - Easy Snacks to... 4.6/5 (26 Votes)
- Sweet Potato & Pecan Pie with... 4.6/5 (22 Votes)