The Pioneer Woman's Coconut-Lime Butter Cookies
These coconut-lime butter cookies have a light and sweet yet tart flavor that's so unique! Refreshing for any time you're craving something sweet and tropical. These cookies can be made any time of the year, but go especially well with poolside sunshine in the summertime. This recipe is perfect for a bake sale or any occasion when you need to fill up your dessert table in a hurry.
- 4 sticks (1-pound) salted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon or lime juice (or 1 tablespoon of each)
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar, plus more if needed
- 2 tablespoons cream of coconut
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, plus extra for decorating
- 1 tablespoon lime zest, plus extra for decorating
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- dash of salt
- 1 large egg white
- juice of 1 lemon, plus more if needed
- juice of 1 lime, plus more if needed
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Using a hand or stand mixer, cream the butter and granulated sugar until combined. Add the egg yolks and mix until combined. Add the lemon and lime zest. Add the flour and mix until just combined. Next, add the citrus juice and coconut extract, and mix the dough until it comes together.
Scoop out tablespoons of dough, roll into balls between your hands and place on a baking sheet. Bake until not quite starting to turn brown, 12 to 13 minutes. Remove from the oven but keep the cookies on the baking sheet for 3 to 4 minutes. Use a spatula to move them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Add the powdered sugar, cream of coconut, lemon, and lime zest, milk, coconut extract, salt, egg white, and lemon and lime juice to a large bowl. Whisk thoroughly until combined, adding either more powdered sugar or more juice until it reaches a pourable but still thick consistency.
Drizzle the icing across the cookies in several lines, and then repeat in the other direction. Sprinkle the cookies with extra zest before the icing sets.
You'll also love
- Krispy Easter Eggs 4.5/5 (205 Votes)
- Coconut Pecan Pralines 4.1/5 (78 Votes)
- Pecan Coconut Praline Cookies 4/5 (89 Votes)
- Nonna's Italian Ricotta Cookies 4.4/5 (71 Votes)
- Butter Pecan Cookies 4.6/5 (27 Votes)
- Lidia's Almond-Apricot Butter... 4.3/5 (32 Votes)
- Butternut Squash Tortilla Soup 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Kale stuffed Pork Chops with Maple... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)