Arkansas Green Beans
Canned green beans get the 'sweetest' makeover! A glaze made of butter, brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic powder, and pepper is drizzled over the cooked bacon and beans then baked. (P.S. I have no idea how they got that name!)
- 5 (15 to 16-ounce) cans cut green beans, rinsed and drained well
- 10 to12 slices bacon, cooked until done but still chewy, then drained on paper towels and chopped
- 1/2 stick (1/4-cup) butter, melted
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 7 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Scant 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 45mins
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a small microwave bowl, melt the butter; stir in the brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic powder, and black pepper. (I also added about 1/4 teaspoon salt since my soy sauce was Lite). Set aside.
Place the well-drained green beans in a 13x9-inch baking pan. Scatter the cooked bacon pieces over the top of the beans. Drizzle the brown sugar mixture over the bacon and beans.
Bake uncovered for 40 to 45 minutes. Serve hot.
(There will be liquid in the bottom of the pan because of the butter, and moisture from the beans. I drained it out before serving).
You'll also love
- Lacto-Fermented Garlic 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Scrambled Eggs with Smoked Salmon 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Sweet Potato, Goat Cheese and... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Roasted Broccoli with Sautéed... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Oatmeal-Rye Bread 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Roasted Parmesan Green Beans 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Rigatoni with Meat Sauce - Instant... 4/5 (27 Votes)
- Stuffed Onion Bombs 3.7/5 (41 Votes)